Jim Condos has served as Vermont’s Secretary of State for the past 5+ years. He has an outstanding record of achievement from more than 30 years of elected public service. Prior to becoming Secretary of State, he served on the South Burlington City Council for 18 years and as a Vermont State Senator from Chittenden County for 8 years.
Jim was raised in the Burlington area, graduating from South Burlington High School, and then receiving his bachelor’s degree from the University of Vermont.
Jim has worked his entire private and public career in Vermont. His business background includes working for a Fortune 100 company, a $30 million family-owned Vermont business, and a regulated utility company. Jim understands the needs and concerns of Vermonters.
As Secretary of State for the past 5+ years, Jim demonstrated his commitment to:
- open and transparent government,
- accountability from public officials,
- a fair election process,
- increased voter participation, and
- strong campaign finance laws.
The Secretary of State’s office plays an important role in our lives. It is tasked with protecting and promoting our democratic rights and privileges. Both during his term as Secretary of State and in his prior elected positions, Jim demonstrated his commitment to all Vermonters, focusing on issues important to Vermont’s working families including:
- affordable housing,
- transportation and economic development,
- health care reform,
- education and protection of children,
- support for Vermont’s public services and public employees,
- protection of civil and employment rights,
- ensuring open and transparent government,
- accountability from public officials and departments, and
- improving our election process and voter participation.
Jim has proven his commitment over the past 5+ years and will continue to ensure accessible and open government for all Vermonters.