For immediate release
Contact: Nancy T. Lynch, (802) 828.2148
SECRETARY OF STATE ANNOUNCES TRANSPARENCY TOUR
Montpelier, VT – Secretary of State Jim Condos announces he will conduct a 12 stop tour to discuss Vermont’s public records and open meeting laws with municipal and state employees and citizens who serve on local government boards. The public is invited and encouraged to attend these events.
After a presentation there will be time for Q&A and a general discussion with the audience. This is a great opportunity to address specific issues that you may have questions about, and to discuss the
nuances of these laws.
Secretary Condos stated, “Open and transparent government is good government! Vermont’s citizens deserve accountability in their government.”
“This tour allows me to assist Vermont’s public officials who must abide by these laws every day. We recognize that these laws are not always clear and we need to hear from them regarding the challenges they face and the questions they have. I look forward to engaging in an open discussion about the importance of access to public records and public meetings.”
All events will be held from 6‐8 pm. Dates and locations are as follows:
- Montpelier Pavilion Building Tuesday October 11th
- Colchester St. Mike’s College Thursday October 13th
- Newport Goodrich Library Thursday October 20th
- St. Albans Town Town Hall Tuesday October 25th
- Springfield Springfield High School Wednesday October 26th
- Brattleboro Town Hall Thursday October 27th
- St. Johnsbury St. J Middle School Tuesday November 1st
- Morrisville Municipal Offices Thursday November 3rd
- Middlebury Ilsley Public Library Monday November 7th
- Bennington Fire Facility Wednesday November 9th
- Rutland City Hall Thursday November 17th
- White River Junction Bugbee Senior Center Tuesday November 22nd
We are pleased to welcome the participation of the following organizations: VT League of Cities and Towns, VT Municipal Clerks and Treasurers Association, VT School Boards Association, VT Press Association, VT American Civil Liberties Union and VT Common Cause.
To find out more information and to RSVP, please contact Nancy Lynch @ 802‐828‐2148 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jim Condos is Vermont’s Secretary of State, after serving eight years as a Vermont State Senator, 18 years in local government and 30+ years of private sector business experience.